3rd Annual Forged in Blue Ceremony
Yesterday the 3rd Annual Forged in Blue ceremony was held at Doolittle Hall. During the ceremony, six Academy rings were melted into a gold ingot. The making of the gold ingot starts the production process for the Class of 2022 Academy rings, symbolizing the commitment and involvement of the Long Blue Line as the Class of 2022 commits to the United States Air Force.
The ingot will include the following donated rings:
- USAFA 1959 Dr. Curtis G. Cook—(self)
- USAFA 1959 Col (Ret) Leigh H. Hunt, Jr.—(self)
- USAFA 1960 Dr. David J. Reed—Presented by the Class of 1960
- USAFA 1971 Capt (Ret) James E. O’Day— Presented by the Class of 1971
- USAFA 1972 Lt Col (Ret) Biagio E. Cannistraci—Presented by the Class of 1972
- USAFA 1973 Maj Gen (Ret) Richard L. Comer—Presented by the Class of 1973
Also added to the ingot will be a portion of the previous melt, the “Forever Ingot,” presented by Lt Gen (Ret) Mike Gould, ’76, CEO of the Association of Graduates and Air Force Academy Foundation.
To the see the rest of the photos from this event, please click here: Forged In Blue